Re: PHP and Postgres setup

От Michael Fuhr
Тема Re: PHP and Postgres setup
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 05:10:46AM -0800, germ germ wrote:

> I have installed Postgres on Suse 9.1 and created a
> test database but am unable to connect to it through
> PHP.

Please show the PHP code you're using to connect and any error
messages you get.  Without seeing what you're doing and what's
happening, guesses about what's wrong would have little basis.

> What do I need to configure in order for Appache and
> Postgres to be able to talk back and forth?

See the "Database Users and Privileges" and "Client Authentication"
chapters in the PostgreSQL documentation.  Verify that you can
connect to the database with psql before trying it with PHP.  Make
sure PHP has PostgreSQL support (you can check by examining phpinfo()
output).

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/