Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL 8.0 with any driver...

От jross@wykids.org
Тема Re: Unable to connect to PostgreSQL 8.0 with any driver...
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Quoting Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:

> jross@wykids.org wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> This is a continuation of my problems with the original 08.00.0100
>> driver. 08.00.1001 now installs correctly and the driver is
>> available to be configured
>> in the ODBC control panel.
>>
>> However, I still cannot connect to Access with it.  My PostgreSQL
>> logs do not
>> even show a connection attempt.  The logs on the windows box are:
> [snip]
>> DSN info: DSN='PostgreSQL',server='',port='',dbase='',user='',passwd='xxxxx'
> Well, you've not got a server filled in here, so it's not going to
> connect. Can you think why it would be blank - what's different between
> the two machines?
>
> --
>    Richard Huxton
>    Archonet Ltd

> !DSPAM:422d9cc5179771587154166!

I ended up uninstalling yet again and running a registry cleaner, followed by
manually removing anything from the registry that had "psqlodbc" in it.
Reinstalled the 07_03_00 driver and I can now connect again.

So, problem solved.

Thanks for the input!

Jeff Ross