context classloader (was: Re: 8.0 drivers released.)

От Vadim Nasardinov
Тема context classloader (was: Re: 8.0 drivers released.)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tuesday 18 January 2005 17:17, Oliver Jowett wrote:
> I can reproduce the exception by running test code when the driver
> is loaded from the bootstrap classpath
> ('-Xbootclasspath/a:jars/postgresql.jar')
>
> It seems reasonable to fall back to the system classloader if the
> driver was loaded from the bootstrap classloader. I will commit a
> change to do this shortly.

Another reasonable course of action might be to try the context classloader:
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/Thread.html#getContextClassLoader%28%29

This would typically have the system classloader in its parent hierarchy,
but it may also give you access to locations that the system classloader
cannot see.