Re: 'configure' bug on Mac OS X 10.3.5

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: 'configure' bug on Mac OS X 10.3.5
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Oct 15, 2004 at 12:03:39PM +1000, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-10-13 at 10:23, Fahad G. wrote:
> > I checked and I don't have 'readline' installed. --without-readline did the
> > trick, but shouldn't this be handled automatically?
>
> This is intentional -- what's wrong with stopping? ISTM that stopping
> and letting the user know what went wrong is probably better than just
> continuing: many users will install readline when they discover it isn't
> installed, and it is easy to miss a warning emitted by "configure" as
> its output flies past.

What about emitting at the end of configure something like

    Features enabled:
        command line editing, parser generation, PL/Perl
    Features disabled:
        coffee maker, online gambling, PL/Python

"And as an added bonus, now my computer goes to the toilet for me, leaving me
free to spend time on more useful activities! yay slug codefests!" (C. Parker)