How many rows can postgresql can sustain

От Kumar S
Тема How many rows can postgresql can sustain
Дата
Re: How many rows can postgresql can sustain  (Oliver Fromme <olli@lurza.secnetix.de>)
Список pgsql-novice
Dear group,
 I am wondering how many rows of data can postgresql
efficiently deal with in comparision to Oracle that
can deal with millions and millions of rows (I was
told this fact by my senior).

One of my table has 8876216 rows that look like:
affy_id | exp_id | exp_chip_id | affy_x | affy_y |
affy_mean | affy_stdv | affy_npixels
---------+--------+-------------+--------+--------+-----------+-----------+--------------
 8676216 |        |          58 |    249 |    159 |
 527.5 |      92.3 |           36

   max
---------
 8876216
(1 row)

Is there any upper limit where depending on number of
rows one can say that table (database) is crossing
limits or really bulky.

-Kumar.