Re: Out of topic - Need help with connecting Java programs

От Markus Schaber
Тема Re: Out of topic - Need help with connecting Java programs
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hello,

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:05:01 +0530
Shanmugasundaram Doraisamy <shan@ceedees.com> wrote:

>                                Thank you for your response.  But I did
> not understand what you meant by saying that jdbc:odbc bridge is
> supported by only Sun's JVM.  Can you be a little more elaborate.
> Thanking you,

Re-read his message, he wrote it's only supported by Suns *Windows* VM,
that means the java VM for Windows.

The problem is that odbc drivers are platform specific (in opposite to
most jdbc drivers that are pure java). So you need the jdbc:odbc bridge
and the access odbc driver both built for linux, and I assume that at
least the latter one does not exist.

HTH,
Markus

--
markus schaber | dipl. informatiker
logi-track ag | rennweg 14-16 | ch 8001 zürich