Re: Postgres filling up hard drive with swap files

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Postgres filling up hard drive with swap files
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 10:25:20AM -0500, Joe Lester wrote:
> This thread was renamed. It used to be: "shared_buffers Question".
> The old thread kind of died out. I'm hoping to get some more direction
> by rephrasing the problem, along with some extra observations I've
> recently made.
>
> The core of the problem is that Postgres is filling up my hard drive
> with swap files at the rate of around 3 to 7 GB per week (that's
> Gigabytes not Megabytes).

Maybe you said this before, but I didn't follow the previous thread.
What do you mean by swap files?  Where are those files located?  Can you
show a listing of them?

I assume, of course, that your data proper does not grow linearly with
those "swap files," does it?

Si no sabes adonde vas, es muy probable que acabes en otra parte.