Re: Using view

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: Using view
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 30 Jul 2004, [iso-8859-1] Secr�tariat wrote:

> Why can't I update data when I use a VIEW instead of a TABLE ?
> How can I do similar action ?

We require explicit rules to be made for updating the view.  Technically
there's a very small set of views for which we would need to make the
rules automatically to be spec complient, but those views are really
limited, IIRC, no joins, no group by, no set functions, no aggregates, and
some other limitations.  It'd be nice to be able to handle more
complicated cases automatically, but it's non-trivial.