Re: Two Flyers

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Two Flyers
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:07:02PM +0300, Jussi.Mikkola@bonware.com wrote:

> I think the question here is, why do you have there a picture of an
> elephant? Would a nice mouse be fine too?
>
> If the purpose of the picture is to be a logo, then it would be best to
> use the logo that is associated with what ever is the topic.
>
> The idea is, that when the user sees that logo, he knows, that this is
> the same company, software, or what ever. Seeing another kind of logo
> also means, that this is something else. Maybe a pirate copy of the
> original??

Maybe, but I have seen many different penguins (althought the one from
the (Marc or Larry?) Ewing guy is still the most common), and whenever I
see one I know it's about Linux.

So maybe people should not be picky about exactly which elephant is
there ...

Maybe open source/free software just has a different attitude towards
logos.  Maybe it's just me.

"La soledad es compañía"