Re: Basic subtransaction facility

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Basic subtransaction facility
Дата
Re: Basic subtransaction facility  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-patches
On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:13:35AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> I noticed that I sent an old version because of a system crash (the
> *one* time I don't review vi -r differences it bites me ... argh).  It
> has several obvious mistakes.  Please do not waste your time reviewing
> that; I'll submit a corrected version later, which will also contain
> some more changes.

Ok, hopefully this one is better.

I'm thinking that I'll to add a new elog level to signal a can't-happen
condition within the transaction machinery, which would abort the whole
transaction tree (more than ERROR) but would not take the whole backend
down (less than FATAL).  What should it be called?  Do people agree that
it's needed?

"Et put se mouve" (Galileo Galilei)

Вложения