Boolean/Bit BUG with 7.4 JDBC Driver (build 213)

От j.random.programmer
Тема Boolean/Bit BUG with 7.4 JDBC Driver (build 213)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi:

The latest JDBC driver (build 213) returns -7 for
the java.sql.Types value (obtained via DBMetaData,
getColumns() and then "DATA_TYPE"). I am not sure
if this has been a bug with all postgres JDBC drivers
or if this is some kinda regression bug.

-7 corresponds to a java.sql.Types.BIT and should
NOT be returned for a BOOLEAN type.

For a BOOLEAN type, a value of 16 should be returned
which corresponds to a java.sql.Types.BOOLEAN.

Please fix this ASAP, I am writing an advanced
db abstraction layer and although both boolean/bit
are suggested by sun to map to a java boolean type,
I still need to distinguish between bits and
booleans in case the user wants a different mapping.

So: 16 for boolean, NOT -7

Best regards,

--j