Re: [HACKERS] logging statement levels

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] logging statement levels
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> >Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >

> >>Unless I'm missing something, this patch has the effect that with values
> >>of "ddl" or "mod"  for log_statement, a statement with a parse error
> >>will not be logged, which was what I hoped to avoid.
> >>

> >Right.  The query type can't be determined during a syntax error because
> >the parser couldn't identify the supplied command.  I think that is
> >fine.
> >
> >What it does allow is to for 'all' to display the command before the
> >syntax error.
> >

> If I had to make a choice I'd go the other way.

Uh, what other way?

> However, I think with a little extra work it might be possible to have both.

Right now, the way it is done, only a real syntax error skips logging.
If you referenced an invalid table or something, it does print the log
just before the invalid table name mention.

How would we test the command type before hitting a syntax error?  I
can't think of a way, and I am not sure it would even be meaningful.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] logging statement levels
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] logging statement levels