Re: Website and "open development"

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Website and "open development"
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Alexey,

> 1) There was a wonderfully enlightening discussion why open development is
> perfect for advocacy in this list recently.

... which was not, as I recall, concluded with any consensus.

And open development != unmoderated subscription mailing lists

Can I point out that for that matter, the SFPUG mailing list is
closed-subscription?   I did that because of spammers joining the list, and
because of the number of people not being clear on where San Francisco is
(really, I've had people from Taiwan try to join and re-directed them to
-Novice).

The closed-subscription would only be significant if Dave wasn't letting
people join.  He is.   If you want to be involved, send him an e-mail and a
subscription request.

If you're really upset about it and can show that you are willing to put in
the work, then you can take over administration of the list and relieve Dave
of that duty, and open the list subscription option.   Ultimately, that's
what it comes down to: Dave is the list admin, and he's set the list
subscription to "moderated", and he has the "right" to do so since he's doing
the work.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions