Re: Postgres connection

От Martin Marques
Тема Re: Postgres connection
Дата
Список pgsql-php
El Mar 19 Ago 2003 10:13, escribió:
> Hi all, i have a question, i have a php file with all my class to
> connect into a postgresql db and i'm using the pg_connect in this form:
>
> pg_connect("192.168.1.X","","","",$dbase);

Change this to what the manual says:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.pg-connect.php

See that it passes only one argument.

> but when i have 8 or 10 users inserting data, the db response is very
> slow, is problem in the pg_connect?, all ppl use the same file_class.php
> to connect to the db.
>
> The Server is a Compaq Proliant with two Xeon 2.20Ghz Processors, 1Gb
> Memory, 20Gb SCSI HD, 1Gb Ethernet and Redhat Linux 8.0 with apache
> 2.0.47,
> php 4.2.2 and PostgreSQL 7.2.2
>
> How can i do better the response of the server?

Depends on what your postgresql.conf file says.

Check these links:

http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html

http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/Tidbits/annotated_conf_e.html

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?