Re: Update problem

От Ângelo Marcos Rigo
Тема Re: Update problem
Дата
Список pgsql-php
Hi Scott

It´s strange but whith a little amount of text the
update works.
I have the same script with text field and it works
fine.

Now that i am using textarea because it handle a full
magazine article it is not working i do print $query
on the final script and return null.

It updates the title and abstract but the article wich
has a huge amount of text (with html tags inserted
from a built in javascript html editor).

Thank´s in advance

--- "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> escreveu:
> On Tue, 19 Aug 2003, Ângelo Marcos Rigo wrote:
>
> > I have an update escript that works fine with text
> > fields but with an textarea version the script is
> > passing an empty value, for the "texto" field
> > Here is a snip of code that receives the values:
> >
> >     $id = $_POST['id'];
> >     $titulo = $_POST['titulo'];
> >     $resumo = $_POST['resumo'];
> >     $texto = $_POST['texto'];
> >     print_r($texto);
> >     include 'db.php';
> >     $query = "UPDATE revista SET titulo='$titulo',
> > resumo='$resumo', texto='$texto' WHERE id='$id'";
> >
> > here is the "texto" field where i do write the
> > modifications to be updated:

> cols=\"90\"
> > rows=\"20\" value=\"$myrow[3]\"
>
> Hi Ângelo, welcome to the php list.
>
> Is the problem that the FORM is printed with an
> empty text area, or that,
> after entering text into the textarea that it
> doesn't get inserted into
> the database upon submission?
>

> ---------------------------(end of
> broadcast)---------------------------
> TIP 2: you can get off all lists at once with the
> unregister command
majordomo@postgresql.org)

=====
Ângelo Marcos Rigo
AMR Informática
(51) 3348 0870
Rua Pe. Alois Kades 400/210
Porto Alegre /RS/Brasil
http://amr.freezope.org
angelo_rigo@yahoo.com.br

Desafio AntiZona - Um emocionante desafio de perguntas e respostas que
te dá um Renault Clio, kits de eletrônicos, computadores, notebooks e
mochilas. Cadastre-se, participe e concorra!
www.cade.com.br/antizona