Re: How to easily spot Foreign keys

От Stephan Szabo
Тема Re: How to easily spot Foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Harry Broomhall wrote:

> Stephan Szabo writes:
> >
> > On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Harry Broomhall wrote:
> >
> > >     I am currently doing a bit of 'reverse engineering' and documenting
> > > a set of tables.
> > >
> > >     Using pgsql and the \d command produces info about most things, but
> > > doesn't *obviously* produce foreign key or references info.
> >
> > I believe 7.3's \d should provide foreign key info (for constraints made
> > in 7.3 or for which you've run adddepend from contrib if you've upgraded
> > from 7.2).
>

>    Many thanks for your rapid reply.  Unfortunately I am trying to
> document some 7.2 based tables in advance of upgrading to 7.3!

Ah... Hmm, the best documents I can think of relating to this are on
techdocs.postgresql.org.  The "Compensating for Unimplemented Features in
PostgreSQL 7.1" article seems to have a script for generating ALTER TABLE
ADD CONSTRAINT commands for foreign keys which may give you some of the
info you want.