Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.

От Denis Zaitsev
Тема Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 08:47:16AM +0100, Richard Huxton wrote:

> No- 'now',now() and CURRENT_TIMESTAMP all stay fixed during a transaction.
> The one that changes is timeofday() I think. See the "Functions and
> Operators" section for details.

Yes, indeed...  Documentation describes this.  And I haven't found
anything about 'now' that I used to say...  I don't know why (my
memory leak?) :)

Thanks.

BTW, this text is at the bottom of the "Date/Time Functions and
Operators" section (functions-datetime.html):

SELECT CURRENT_TIMESTAMP;
SELECT now();
SELECT TIMESTAMP 'now';
    Note:  You  do  not  want  to use the third form when specifying a DEFAULT clause while    creating a table. The
systemwill convert now to a timestamp as soon as the constant is    parsed,  so that when the default value is needed,
thetime of the table creation would    be  used!  ...

It's nearly what you have written about.  But I want to note <the time
of the table creation> phrase.  Should it be fixed there?

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.
Сообщение: Re: Very strange 'now' behaviour in nested triggers.