Re: Detecting 'socket errors' - closing the Connection object

От Oliver Jowett
Тема Re: Detecting 'socket errors' - closing the Connection object
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, Jul 22, 2003 at 05:25:36PM -0700, David Wall wrote:
> > Have you looked at the ConnectionEventListener approach? I know that it's
> > not currently implemented in postgresql, but it should be easy enough to
> > add, and in theory this is the standard way of doing it.
>
> No, we're still using JDK 1.3.1.   It's amazing how slowly our customers
> migrate to new JDKs, especially the Fortune 500 players.  When 1.5 comes
> out, they'll no doubt let us look into 1.4.
>
> Also, this is an entire new set of javax.sql classes that are not used in
> our application, so there are more issues for us when that time comes...

You can get at javax.sql under 1.3 (or probably even 1.2), it's just not
there as a standard package; pre-1.4 it was part of the "EE" sql addons.

Look for a "JDBC2 optional extensions" download somewhere on
java.sun.com.

(and then you get to rewrite all your app code to use Datasources! so much
for that plan.)

-O