Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Scott,

> No prob.  It looks like
> HPUX on PA-RISC,
> IRIX on MIPS,
> Linux on S/390,
> Solaris on Sparc, (listed in the /doc/FAQ_Solaris as 64 bit)
> and NetBSD on Sparc are all 64 bit tested / compiled.

I think for simplicity that we should stick to the hardware: e.g.,
Sparc, PA-RISC, MIPS, and S/390. (yes, Sparc is 64-bit).

> AIX on RS6000,
> FreeBSD on Alpha
> Linux on Alpha
> Linux on MIPS
> Linux on Sparc
> NetBSD on MIPS

Also, we should skip these if you can't find evidence of production PostgreSQL
servers on them.   Unless you can and your only question is are they 64-bit?
We are talking about "official" or at least "tested" support.

> Anyone have anymore input on this?  Are there other issues (i.e. we're
> only half 64 bit and half 32 bit in some areas) that we need to make
> clear?

We don't need to make this clear to the press, no.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Сообщение: Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 Press Release -- Draft #3