Re: [GENERAL] Physical Database Configuration

От nolan@celery.tssi.com
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Physical Database Configuration
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> That should be
>
> Tablespaces
>   databases
>    schemas
>     objects
>
> with each of them implemented as a directory and data files under it. If we
> could get a quota check propogated in both direction, that would be pretty
> good, may be a warning when things start getting close to limit.

I disagree.  Just as you can have multiple schemas within one database
you can have multiple tablespaces within one database.

And the tablespace is irrelevant as far as specifying an object is concerned.
A fully qualified object would be:    database.schema.object,
not tablespace.database.schema.object or database.tablespace.schema.object.
--
Mike Nolan