forName finds Driver but getConnection doesn't (AGAIN)

Hi all,
  I'm in the same situation where Dennis King was on 19 Nov 2002.
  I'm trying to connect to pgsql using JDBC (on a RHL 8.0) and for me, as it was with Dennis, forName registers the Driver, but getConnection throws the exception "Driver not found".
  I use JDK 1.3.1,
  tried postgresql JDBC driver: "pg72jdbc2.jar" from http://jdbc.postgresql.org/
  running java as : $>java -cp ./pg72jdbc2.jar <myClassFile>
  The source for myClassFile has the following specs
    Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
    Driver.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:postgres","postgres"); // throws the "Driver Not Found" exception.
   <Here  'postgres' is the database name  and 'postgres' is a user>

  BTW I tried the same Driver in Windows (2000 prof, jdk1.4.1, forte for Java) and there getConnection worked, but the connection was refused by the RHL DB host (I've edited the pg_hba.conf file). That was just a try, I'd stick to RHL.

  Dennis any luck with your tries? Did you compile one of those sources?

  If anyone can help I would be grateful.
Deepak.

Do you Yahoo!?