Re: pg environment? metadata?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: pg environment? metadata?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

> > each one
>
> Based on discussions in the past that I have loosely followed, I believe
> there is some kind of standard and that views implementing some of this
> standard are slated to go into 7.4.

Well, if you're referring to the standard INFORMATION_SCHEMA, it is
already in 7.4 and it is standard.  You can't inspect it to find out
postgres-specific information tho.  You can actually grab the
information_schema.sql from 7.4 CVS and install it into 7.3 to create a
new 'information_schema' quite happily though.

Regards,

Chris