Re: location of the configuration files

От Shridhar Daithankar
Тема Re: location of the configuration files
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Friday 14 Feb 2003 9:05 pm, you wrote:
> Martin Coxall <coxall@cream.org> writes:
> Here's a pretty topic for a flamewar: should it be /etc/postgres/ or
> /etc/postgresql/ ?

I vote for /etc/pgsql. Keeping in line of unix philosophy of cryptic and short
names. Who wants a descriptive names anyway..:-)

Seriously, the traffic on last three days ahd very high noise ratio.
Especially the whole discussion of PGDATA stuff fails to register as
significant IMO. Right now, I can do things the way I want to do and I guess
it is pretty much same with everyone else. Is it last topic left to improve?

Keep it simple and on tpoic guys. This is hackers. Keep it low volume
otherwise, two years down the lines, archives will be unsearchable..
Shridhar