Re: [Fwd: Questions on 7.3 version for LinuxWorld]

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: [Fwd: Questions on 7.3 version for LinuxWorld]
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Neil,

> PostgreSQL has actively been
> adding ANSI SQL features for many years and is now one of the most ANSI
>   SQL compliant databases in existence.  [is this true?]

Depends on how you measure compliance.    For example, FrontBase only
implements about 65% of the standard, but what it does implement is 100%
compliant.   So, does one call them 65% or 100% compliant?  Or what?

However, by *whatever* measure, we are more compliant than MSSQL, Oracle,
Informix, or MySQL.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions