Re: I cant add a new user to pgSQL.. What is wrong?

От Christoph Dalitz
Тема Re: I cant add a new user to pgSQL.. What is wrong?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 02:03:28 +0100
> From: "Paul Ottar Tornes" <critical@tiscali.no>
>
> I get this:
>
> idle:/www/maloyportalen.no$ createuser remi
> Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
> Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) n
> Password:
> psql: FATAL 1:  Password authentication failed for user "postgres"

I had a similiar problem. In my case it was the password input of the
createuser script that seems to be seriously broken (I had to enter the
password four(!) times until it was accepted).

Log in with psql as postgres and issue a CREATE USER command.
That should work reliably.

Christoph Dalitz

От: Brett Schwarz
Сообщение: Re: PgAccess Visual Query
От: "Henshall, Stuart - Design & Print"
Сообщение: Re: PROBLEM with inserting a duplicate key into unique