initdb hangs

От Gary Stainburn
Тема initdb hangs
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Hi all,

I've just installed the binary only cygwin today and I'm trying to get
postgesql working.  I've had a quick look at the readme and the archives and
I think I've done everything I need to (set
PGDATA=/usr/share/postgressql/data, made sure I've got entries in passwd and
group etc.)

When I run initdb (with the -D param and without), it hangs  on the bottom
line of the extract below.  There is no disk activity and it doesn't matter
how long I leave it.

Anyone got any ideas?

gary@ladvent ~
$ initdb
The files belonging to the database system will be owned by user "gary".
This user bust also own the server process.

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/share/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/base... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/global... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/share/postgresql/data/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/share/postgresql/data/base/1...
--
Gary Stainburn