Re: search/select case-insensitivly.

От Bruno Wolff III
Тема Re: search/select case-insensitivly.
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Mon, Oct 21, 2002 at 22:01:19 -0600,
  Zhidian Du <duzhidian@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I want a PHP program to search case-insensitivly.
>
> for example:
> select Name from mytable where Name = '$Name';
>

> Here $Name is what users' input maybe JOHN, john.  How to let it match John
> in table and find that record?

As mentioned in other replies you can use the lower or upper functions
to get consistant case.

If you want case preerved in the table, you can make the searches faster
(at the expense of slowing down updates) by creating an index using a function.

Something like:
create index on table mytable(lower(Name));

Will speed up searches like:
select Name from mytable where lower(Name) = lower('$Name');

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: search/select case-insensitivly.
Сообщение: Re: search/select case-insensitivly.