Updateable ResultSet

От Kaarle Kaila
Тема Updateable ResultSet
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
hi,

I have a Java application that inserts data  (using jdbc) in the database with
methods similar to the ones below.

These methods function in MS Access 2000 and MySQL and now I am trying to
port this application to use PostgreSQL.

In PostgreSQL get the error "This resultSet is not updateable."

Any advice on how to solve this?

regards
Kaarle Kaila
-----------------

      Connection con =
DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:postgresql:kalle","kalle","");
        Statement stmt = con.createStatement();
        String sql = "create table koe (num int primary key,nimi
varchar(255))";
        int resu = stmt.executeUpdate(sql);

        sql = "insert into koe (num,nimi) values(1,'Kalle')";
        resu = stmt.executeUpdate(sql);
        sql = "select * from koe where num is null";
        ResultSet rs = stmt.executeQuery(sql);
       // above command functions OK
        rs.moveToInsertRow();
        rs.updateInt("num",2);
        rs.updateString("nimi","Rita");
        rs.insertRow();
        // above commands fail in postgreSQL but are OK in other databases

        stmt.close();
        con.close();

--
Kaarle Kaila