Re: Expect and scripting.

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Expect and scripting.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Eric,

> I have all my databases password protected hence a need for doing this for
backup.

> Currently this is what I am doing
>
> spawn /usr/bin/pg_dump -U myusername -b -c -F c -f /backup/databasename_sql
databasename
> expect Password:
> send "the_password\r"
>
> any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

I would suggest instead configureing pg_hba.conf to allow "Trust" access from
the specific user and host that does the backup.   This will save you a lot
of trouble.

--
-Josh Berkus

                                        Josh Berkus
   Complete information technology     josh@agliodbs.com
    and data management solutions     (415) 565-7293
   for law firms, small businesses      fax 621-2533
    and non-profit organizations.     San Francisco