Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 12:01:53PM +0200, Jean-Michel POURE wrote:

> Some projects, like Debian, have a democratic organisation. The team leader is
> elected for a year. Why not settle a similar organization? This would help
IMHO there is not problem with organization -- I don't know what doyou want to organize on actual number of developers
/contributors:-)The PostgreSQL is not project like Debian -- if you want to work on Debian you must know package system
andDebian standards only. But if you want to work on PostgreSQL you must be at the least average programmer (means
severalyears experience) and you must know a great many of current PostgreSQL code.

> PostgreSQL is a software but it is also a community. If we believe in
> democracy, I suggest we should organize in a democratic way and elect a
> leader for a year.
What is non-democratic now?
   Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz

От: Jean-Michel POURE
Сообщение: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way
От: Jean-Michel POURE
Сообщение: Re: Democracy and organisation : let's make a revolution in the Debian way