Re: Replication status

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: Replication status
Дата
Re: Replication status  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 05:12:33PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Last I talked to Darren, the replication code was modified to merge into
> our 7.2 tree.  There are still pieces missing so it will not be
> functional when applied.  It is remotely possible there could be
> master-slave in 7.3, but I doubt it.

This is about pgreplication I think. Is the the replication project of
choice for pgsql? IIRC there quite some projects for this topic:

PostgreSQL replicator
Rserver
Usogres
dbbalancer

What about these? We seem to have some proof-of-concept code of rserver
in contrib. Dbbalancer seems to be more focussed on balancing access and
not replication, but can do this too.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes