Re: restoreing dumps fail

От Martín Marqués
Тема Re: restoreing dumps fail
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Lun 13 May 2002 23:34, Tom Lane wrote:
> =?iso-8859-1?q?Mart=EDn=20Marqu=E9s?= <martin@bugs.unl.edu.ar> writes:
> > I'm trying to upgrade from 7.1.3 to 7.2.1 and after makeing a dump,
> > installing the new version (7.2.1) making the initdb as postgres, when I
> > try to dump all the data back to the database, and after some dump the
> > backend dies:
> >
> > NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
> >         The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend
> >         died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.

I went back to 7.1.3 because the server was in production, and couldn't wait
for me to solve the problem. I'll try to upgrade next week.

> Oh?  What's in the postmaster log?  Can you get a stack trace from
> the core file that the crashed backend left?

What I would like to know is what to do when I have these problems? Get the
core file and run a strace over it? Run gdb over the core?

Thanks.

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?