Re: Fw: Install PostgreSQL on Windows??

От Jason Tishler
Тема Re: Fw: Install PostgreSQL on Windows??
Дата
Список pgsql-cygwin
Kevin,

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 07:05:34PM -0400, Yue(Kevin) YU wrote:
> The first step is to install Cygwin from http://cygwin.com/. According to
> step 1 of FAQ_MSWIN, there should be a PostgreSQL readme file,
> /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-${version}.README, but I couldn't find the file
> (after installing Cygwin). I would guess that the pre-built PostgreSQL is
> not included in the cygwin package.

It is, but it is not installed by default.  Note that Cygwin's setup.exe
no longer installs all packages -- only a "Base" set of them.

> Did I miss something?

In setup.exe's chooser, expand the "Database" category, select PostgreSQL,
and install it.

> Where should I do from here? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Please read the README:

    /usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.2.1.README

or

    http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.1.README