Errors creating my first database

От kent.rigby@att.net
Тема Errors creating my first database
Дата
Re: Errors creating my first database  (Ugly Hippo <ugly_hippo@yahoo.ca>)
Список pgsql-novice
I have been trying to get started with PostgreSQL, and
it hasn't been going
well.  I installed, ran initdb, but when I try to create
a database with
createdb I get an error that "username" does not exist.
OK, so I try to use
createuser to create the user name and I get a
different, though equally
frustrating, error.  I have shut down my Linux box out
of frustration so I
can't tell you all the exact error, sorry.  One of the
errors I am getting
is about a locking file that I don't have permissions
for.

Obviously I am doing something wrong here.  I have read
and re-read the
Tutorial, User's Manual and Admin Manual, tried to
follow the procedures in
the manual, but no luck.

Could someone please help me get started here.  I am new
to Linux and part
of my frustration is that all the manuals assume an
intermediate level of
experience with Linux/UNIX.  I don't have that and at
this rate I can't see
that I ever will.

Get the award winning ISP, AT&T WorldNet Service
http://download.att.net/webtag