Re: ALTER TABLE RENAME fix

От Brent Verner
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE RENAME fix
Дата
Re: ALTER TABLE RENAME fix  (Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone23.bigpanda.com>)
Список pgsql-patches
On 12 Nov 2001 at 18:28 (+0100), Peter Eisentraut wrote:
| Brent Verner writes:
|
| > These patches fix the problem where an

| > did not update the RI_ triggers if the oldcolumn was referenced in
| > a RI constraint.
|
| Instead of trying to fix this, how about making the RI triggers not use
| the column names in the first place.  (Instead they should use the oid of
| the table and the attnums.)

I agree with you.  Two things led me toward the current approach
(modifying tgargs)
  1) it would require fewer changes to get correct behavior, which
     was important as late in beta as I started and
  2) I had /some/ idea of how to get it done ;-)

I'll begin to look at what would be required to do it the right
way for 7.3.

cheers.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman