Re: JDBC and numeric datatype...

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: JDBC and numeric datatype...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Scott Muir wrote:
> Can someone suggest the correct way of dealing with the NUMERIC data type
> through JDBC?  The attribute in question is a NUMERIC(10,2) (currency)...
> We're thinking of just using a float to handle it...  Since this type can be
> much larger than we're using, what should be used in those cases???
   Look  for  some arbitrary precision math library to deal with   it. NUMERIC in PostgreSQL is an exact numeric  data
type, a   strict  requirement  when  dealing  with  monetary  values in   bookkeeping systems. A single conversion  to
and back  from   floating point violates this requirement already.

Jan