Re: libpq++: combined patches based on 7.1b5

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: libpq++: combined patches based on 7.1b5
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
OK, I have applied this mega-patch.  It applied cleanly, except for the
documentation changes.  This is because I restructured the order of the
functions recently.  I manually added your doc changes.

As this includes all your previous patches, my guess is that we are all
caught up with you now in the CVS tree for 7.2.

> Here's a version of my suggested diffs transplanted to 7.1 beta 5.  I'm still
> looking at the best way to integrate Tom Vijlbrief's fixes (insofar as they're
> still needed); would 7.2 be a suitable time for incompatible API changes?

As far as changes, 7.2 would be fine for changing the API, if there is a
good reason to do it.  For example, I see getLength returns a short.
With 7.1's new longer tuples, that should now be changed to int, at
least.  (I have updated libpq++/TODO to mention this.)

Not sure what else you have in mind, but you are in pretty much total
control of the C++ library if you want to improve it.

Thanks for the patches.

> Jeroen
>

> Changes:
>
> (*) Introduced bool, true, false (replacing some int, 1, 0)
> (*) Made some member functions const
> (*) Documented GetIsNull()
> (*) Marked DisplayTuples() and PrintTuples() as obsolescent; fixed possible
>     portability problem (assumed that NULL pointer equals all-zero bit pattern)
> (*) PrintTuples(): renamed width parameter to fillAlign to conform with other
>     usage; fixed memory leak and compile issue w.r.t. field separator (should
>     also slightly improve performance)
> (*) Fixed some minor compilation issues
> (*) Moved "using namespace std;" out of headers, where they didn't belong; used
>     new (temporary) preprocessor macro PGSTD to do this
> (*) Made ToString() static, removed unneeded memset(), made buffer size adapt
>     to sizeof(int)
> (*) Made some constructors explicit
> (*) Changed some const std::string & parameters to plain std::string
> (*) Marked PgCursor::Cursor(std::string) as obsolescent (setter with same name
>     as getter--bad style)
> (*) Renamed some paramaters previously named "string"
> (*) Introduced size_type typedef for number of tuples in result set
> (*) PgTransaction now supports re-opening after closing, and aborts if not
>     explicitly committed prior to destruction
>

> Diffs:

Pennsylvania19026