Re: Re: libpq++

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: libpq++
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> Justin Banks <justinb@mr-boo.com> writes:
> > As one would have expected, I've found a problem. The c++ std. says that
> > Automatic objects are not destroyed as a result of calling exit(), and so, a
> > automatic PgDatabase in main() (or most anywhere, actually), would not have
> > it's destructor called during an exit(), thereby leaving junk shm. segments
> > around.
>
> Unless your kernel is broken, application exit will cause the backend
> connection to be closed, whereupon the backend will exit gracefully.
> I see nothing to worry about here.
>
> I'm not sure where you got this notion that clients get to touch any
> of Postgres' shared memory ;-) but they don't.

I think he is creating his own shared memory area:

What I'd like to have happen is for a total of one connection to the
database to be made, and have all these objects share that connection
transparently. I made this happen by using a shared memory segment to
store the connection pointer. Here's the diff. It doesn't seem to break
anything, but then again, my coverage is rather limited at this point.

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: Null values where they should not be...HELP Please!!
Сообщение: Re: Null values where they should not be...HELP Please!!