New Type Internal Length

От Lonnie Cumberland
Тема New Type Internal Length
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello All,

I am writing up a new data type forthe project that I am working on and am
wondering if someone can tell me if the "internallength" represents the size of
my structure in "C"

CREATE TYPE complex (  internallength = 16,  input = complex_in,  output = complex_out
);

My "C" structure is composed of two fields:

typedef struct test
{char a[400];char b[1300];
} test;

the in/out functions are almost the same as the ones in "complex" example.

I currently only have one test function but it only returns type "test" and
does not receive it in the calling parameters;

test *mytest(int4 number, text *something);

Cheers,
Lonnie