Re: libpq++

От J. T. Vermeulen
Тема Re: libpq++
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 07 Mar 2001, Randy Jonasz wrote:

> I'm very interested in a total revamp of the C++ API.  I'd like to mirror
> the roguewave dbtools++ api in some ways as well as building a STL
> compliant interface.  Would you be interested in working together on this?

Very.  I'm sure they must've done a good job, seeing they have Todd Veldhuys
(the first to publish C++ expression templates) on board.  But provided, of
course, that libpq++ can remain a reasonably light wrapper around the C
interface--or at least spend most of its code adapting the C API to the way
C++ wants things to be done.

First however I'll have to merge the changes from at least the three groups
of diffs that I have already.  But for when the time comes, I'd be delighted
if you could point me to a brief introduction somewhere that tells me at a
quick glance what the general ideas behind the RogueWave API is.  Oh, did I
mention I was interested in something short and nutshell-contained?  ;-)

Jeroen