Re: 7.0.3 reproduceable serious select error

От Rob van Nieuwkerk
Тема Re: 7.0.3 reproduceable serious select error
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> robn@verdi.et.tudelft.nl (Rob van Nieuwkerk) writes:
> > The problem is that a SELECT with a certain LIKE condition in combination
> > with a GROUP BY does not find the proper records when there is an index on
> > the particular column present.  When the index is removed the SELECT *does*
> > return the right answer.
>
> Are you running the postmaster in a non-ASCII locale?  This sounds like
> the old LIKE index optimization problem that we've struggled with for
> quite a while now.  7.1 works around it by disabling the optimization
> in non-ASCII locales, which is unpleasant but at least it gives right
> answers ...

Hi Tom,

I don't think I'm running postmaster in a non-ASCII locale.
At least I did not explicitly do anything to accomplish it.
I'm running with the default settings from the RPMs and didn't
change any default setting.

I peeked in some manual pages but couldn't find info quickly about
this setting.  Please tell me how to check it if you want to know !

Thank you for your reaction.
greetings,Rob van Nieuwkerk