Re: RE: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/access/transam ( xact.c xlog.c)

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: RE: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/access/transam ( xact.c xlog.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [001117 11:39]:
> > * Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> [001117 11:23]:

> > > I have it on BSDI.  We could add a configure check, and use it if it is
> > > there.  Another idea is to add a shared memory flag when someone enters
> > > the 'commit' section of the transaction code.  That way, a backend could
> > > check to see if another process is _about_ to commit, and wait.
> > On UnixWare, it requires the -Kthread or -Kpthread command, which then
> > links in the threads library...
> >
> > I'm not sure that this is a good thing or not....
>
> I would hope it just calls the function, and does not bring in thread
> startup stuff.
I suspect it DOES bring in the thread startup and all that implies...

Tread lightly.  The good news is UnixWare Threads are LWP's and the
kernel is multithreaded...

LER

Larry Rosenman                      http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 (voice) Internet: ler@lerctr.org

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: RE: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/src/backend/access/transam ( xact.c xlog.c)
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Coping with 'C' vs 'newC' function language names