Re: Backend-internal SPI operations

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Backend-internal SPI operations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> >> The  right  way  IMHO would be to give views another relkind.
>
> > This appeals to me.
>
> I like it too.  Aside from the advantages Jan mentioned, we could also
> refrain from creating an underlying file for a view, which would be
> nice to avoid cluttering the database directory.
   From  memory  I think views are created as CREATE TABLE, with   an internal  DefineRuleStmt,  and  dumped  as
CREATE TABLE,   CREATE  RULE for sure.  So the CREATE/DROP RULE would need to   remove/recreate the tables file (plus
toastfile  and  index)   if  you want it to be consistent. Don't think you want that -   do you?

Jan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Backend-internal SPI operations
От: Fabien Thiriet
Сообщение: How to use the "setof" of CREATE FUNCTION