Re: pg_dump & performance degradation

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pg_dump & performance degradation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> At 11:41 PM 7/31/00 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >I am more concerned with giving people a pg_dump option of questionable
> >value.  I don't have problems adding it to the C code because it may be
> >of use to some people.
>
> I'm uncomfortable because I know of no other *nix utility that has such
> options.
>
> If they exist, can someone enumerate them?
>
> It's hard to see why PG is such a special case in this regard, requiring
> such an overbearingly groty kludge.

Yes, agreed.  I read a nice article about Mozilla feature-creep, and how
it killed them:
http://www.suck.com/daily/2000/07/31/

We have been pretty good about keeping ourselves lean and directed.

Pennsylvania19026

От: Don Baccus
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump & performance degradation
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump & performance degradation