7.0 RPMS and syslog problem.

От Michael Schout
Тема 7.0 RPMS and syslog problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi.

I've installed the v7.0 postgresql RPMS from ftp.postgresql.org.  I configured
my syslog to catch the local0 facility and log it to /var/log/pgsql with this
entry in /etc/syslog.conf:

local0.*                                                /var/log/pgsql

This catches just about everything.  However, if I fire up "psql template1" and
issue the command "\d", the following is broadcast to all tty's on the machine:

Message from syslogd@galaxy at Wed May 17 09:20:12 2000 ...
galaxy

My guess is that something is not logging to the correct facility.  Has anyone
else seen this / found a work around for this?

my pg_options file contains:
verbose=1
query=4
syslog=2