Re: Confine vacuum skip logic to lazy_scan_skip

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Confine vacuum skip logic to lazy_scan_skip
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27/02/2024 21:47, Melanie Plageman wrote:
> The attached v5 has some simplifications when compared to v4 but takes
> largely the same approach.
>
> 0001-0004 are refactoring

I'm looking at just these 0001-0004 patches for now. I like those
changes a lot for the sake of readablity even without any of the later
patches.

I made some further changes. I kept them as separate commits for easier
review, see the commit messages for details. Any thoughts on those changes?

I feel heap_vac_scan_get_next_block() function could use some love.
Maybe just some rewording of the comments, or maybe some other
refactoring; not sure. But I'm pretty happy with the function signature
and how it's called.

BTW, do we have tests that would fail if we botched up
heap_vac_scan_get_next_block() so that it would skip pages incorrectly,
for example? Not asking you to write them for this patch, but I'm just
wondering.

--
Heikki Linnakangas
Neon (https://neon.tech)