Re: Fix error handling in be_tls_open_server()

От Sergey Shinderuk
Тема Re: Fix error handling in be_tls_open_server()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23.08.2023 16:23, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
>> On 1 Aug 2023, at 16:44, Sergey Shinderuk <s.shinderuk@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>
>> A static analyzer reported a possible pfree(NULL) in be_tls_open_server().
>
> This has the smell of a theoretical problem, I can't really imagine a
> certificate where which would produce this.  Have you been able to trigger it?

I triggered a crash by generating a certificate without a CN and forcing
malloc to return NULL when called from X509_NAME_print_ex or
BIO_get_mem_ptr with gdb.

Initially I tried to trigger a crash by generating a certificate without
a CN and with a DN contaning the null byte. But as I said, the error
condition "SSL certificate's distinguished name contains embedded null"
isn't really reachable, because XN_FLAG_RFC2253 escapes null bytes.

--
Sergey Shinderuk        https://postgrespro.com/