[MASSMAIL] some confusion about parallel insert select in postgres parallel dml develop

От jiye
Тема [MASSMAIL] some confusion about parallel insert select in postgres parallel dml develop
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dears,

this is a developer of postgresql and currently engaged in research of  parallel dml. I read lot of mail list about postgres parallel insert select or other related developing jobs,
but i could not understand why should we determine parallel-safety of partition relations in parallel dml even just allow parallel query in insert select statement ,
i consider that modify job do in leader process and partition exprs check also in leader node, isn't that safty enough. in the other words, if we only build a parallel query planner in insert select and forbit parallel insert jobs, should we skip any parallel safty check about target relation and build parallel query plan directly ?

could anyone give me some suggestion about this confusions.

Best Regards
Tomas Ji

Сообщение: Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer
Сообщение: Re: Improve eviction algorithm in ReorderBuffer