RE: multiple transactions

От Peter Mount
Тема RE: multiple transactions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
There's several problems here.

1. JDBC doesn't support more than one transaction per connection - the
methods for controlling them are in Connection.

2. PostgreSQL doesn't (yet) support nested transactions (unless someones
done that without me noticing). This is a problem with some of the metadata
methods, as they issue queries, and if they fail then the user's transaction
gets rolled back without any apparent warning.

3. The proper way of speeding up things like inserts (where the SQL is
virtually identical) is to use PreparedStatement. However we currently
emulate this behavour in Java so when we can prepare statements in the
backend, there will be a huge performance boost here.

4. There may be some SQL problem that may be slowing things down. Double
check that nothing simple is hampering things...

Peter

--
Peter Mount
Enterprise Support