Re: Is it possible to stop sessions killing eachother when they all authorize as the same role?

От Bryn Llewellyn
Тема Re: Is it possible to stop sessions killing eachother when they all authorize as the same role?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
xof@thebuild.com wrote:

bryn@yugabyte.com wrote:

There must be some-or-other non-standard setting in my environment that results in the behavior that I see and that other's don't.

From the documentation:

superuser status: A database superuser bypasses all permission checks, except the right to log in.

If you do the test with a non-superuser, you'll get the results you expect. This isn't related to MacOS.

I didn't do the test with a superuser. I did it with a freshly-created role called "r1" created thus:

create role r1 with login password 'p';
grant connect on database play to r1;

The code that I copeid in my previous mail showed this. I double-checked thus:

select rolname, rolsuper::test, rolcanlogin::text
from pg_roles
where rolname !~ '^pg_'
order by rolname;

It produced this:

 rolname  | rolsuper | rolcanlogin
 Bllewell | true     | false
 postgres | true     | true
 r1       | false    | true

What are you seeing that I'm failing to?

Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to stop sessions killing eachother when they all authorize as the same role?
Сообщение: Re: Is it possible to stop sessions killing eachother when they all authorize as the same role?